5 Traits to Look for in a Charter Bus Driver
What makes a party bus rental company great? Reputation and great service are among the first things to come to mind. What makes a great charter bus driver? That might take a little more thought. Here are five traits to look for in a charter bus driver.
- Friendly and outgoing: No matter what’s going on in their personal life, the driver should always be friendly and courteous to everyone on board. Perhaps they’ve had a fight with their spouse or their kids, or maybe the dry cleaners lost their favorite shirt. Whatever is going on should be left off of the bus. Your driver should always greet you with a smile and an outgoing manner. That’s part of what professionalism is all about.
- Good driving record: A reputable party bus rental company hires drivers with good driving records. They are subject to strict training regimes that don’t stop just because they have a license. Regular training sessions are scheduled so that drivers can be prepared for the road. You don’t want a driver who has an accident every time he’s behind the wheel! You can ask the company you’re hiring about driving records of employees and what type of training they offer.
- Calm under pressure: A qualified driver will be able to drive even under less-than-desirable circumstances. Weather, road rage, construction, etc. shouldn’t cause them to distress. Drivers should be used to driving under all kinds of conditions in a calm manner. A driver who grumbles at every passing vehicle is not someone you want behind the wheel.
- Dedicated to their work: Driving party bus may not be everyone’s cup of tea. But those who have the job should be dedicated to driving responsibly and safely. They should enjoy getting behind the wheel and driving people to various destinations. They are responsible and show up to work ready and willing to enhance your celebration or event.
- Leaders: Charter bus drivers are leaders within their industry. They know what works and what doesn’t. They communicate concerns and issues to their superiors and push for change. They are intuitive, focused and eager to learn as much as possible about their industry.
A party bus rental is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that everyone should try. Your destination almost doesn’t matter; gathering your friends together and setting out on a journey can be the best part of the trip.
To make the trip more enjoyable (and safer) ask the rental company direct questions about the driver. Ask if they possess the above traits. Sometimes, companies will let you meet the driver beforehand. This will give you a good indication of whether or not they will be a good fit for you and your group. Never think you have to settle for the driver that the company assigns. If you want a certain driver, then communicate that to the company.
The drivers are the biggest representatives of the company you are looking to hire. In most cases, a reputable company will hire only the most qualified drivers so you can rest assured that your event or celebration will go as smoothly as possible.
Charter Bus can handle all of your party bus rental needs. Call or visit the website for more information.